5.16.2011

You are one.

The days last forever, but the years pass so quickly.

That's the quote that has resonated in my mind over and over again while I have been trying to write this post these last few weeks. I've been a little absent from the blog - because I have been so incredibly busy - but I wanted to make sure that I get these thoughts down somewhere. My son is one - one year old. and counting. I need more hours in my days!

Raleigh,

Sweet, Sweet baby. I can remember standing in your nursery with your Daddy when I was 8 months pregnant, trying to get your room JUST right. I had everything sorted, everything where it should be... I was obsessive about things being perfect for you. It's weird, see, because that isn't like me. I don't obsess over the house (which I am sure you will learn) or over little nit-picky things -- and I remember him asking me what was going on? I stopped what I was doing and I just crumbled into his arms because I was scared to death -- I didn't know anything about baby boys, or how I was going to handle you... or more importantly what you were going to think of me. So, I was trying to make everything that I knew anything about - perfect. And it was.

That fear never left me. The morning you were born I can remember praying for God help me, because I just didn't know what to expect.

But, when that nurse handed you to me, when I saw your sweet baby face - I literally thought that my heart was going to beat out of my chest - I loved you with a love that I didn't even know was possible.

Child of mine, you have changed me for the better. What an incredible blessing you are. You bring an unimaginable amount of joy to our family - I can't imagine life without you, YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of your first year:

In the hospital:
 Right after we got home:
 When you met GB:

Sleepy baby:

 Your first trip to church:
 one month old:
 

Three months old:
 

Bath time!




 




 Six Months:
 halloween:


 




 

 


 9 months:




 

 ONE!:





I'm so blessed to be your Mommy! 






No comments: