9.15.2011

April - September 2011

Yes, I know - I've fallen off of the blog-wagon. But, I've just been so wrapped up in life that I didn't have the time or the desire to sit down and blog... But, since I've caught some flack about it, I decided that I do want to get a few things down before my children are grown! :)

Here's a brief re-cap of the last few months...

And, by "few months" --- I mean, since Easter.

Every year we host our Church Easter Egg Hunt - this year was no exception. We had a blast with the almost 100 people that came. SJ was most excited that KB got to come back "home" for the Egg Hunt, she realllly misses her! They were having so much fun & SJ and KB found the prize eggs!

Easter Morning:
  
Raleigh is usually pretty okay with everyone - but he just wasn't sure about the Easter Bunny. No tears, but he wouldn't take his eyes off of him!
 

This little boy is a MESS --- and the more of a mess he is, the more I love him --- in this picture, he had just bumped into the wall (he's a wee bit clumsy)... and as SOON as he got up, he started telling the wall "no, no, no, no" :)


As you can see... he wasn't hurt, and was completely fine mere seconds later.

and he thought the whole thing was just hillarious...

In May, Sarah Jane had her Spring Recital - Can I just say without sounding *too* braggy, braggy... My child is a GREAT dancer - she LOVES it and I couldn't be ANY happier with her dance school, her teachers, the recitals, or the costumes. Every year, they outdo themselves - and this year's recital was no exception.




We tried to take a picture of the Houston grandkids... but, the gnats were OFF THE CHAIN, and this was about all we could come up with. Still can't believe these babies are this big.

Raleigh's favorite shirt: (okay, really it's my favorite shirt that Raleigh wears...)

This Summer we took a trip to the beach..
WE ARE BEACH PEOPLE!
We stayed in Carillon Beach, and it was fantastic. 8 days of nothing but beach, pools, shopping malls, restaurants, and fun! But, while we were there we took a day and went into Panama City to take SJ to Gulf World. We told her that morning where we were going and that she was going to get to swim with Dolphins and she was BEYOND excited!! We went to dolphin shows and she got to take a class about them... and THEN she got to spend about 40 minutes in the water with them. They did tricks together, she got to swim with him, he splashed her, they gave high fives --- it was fantastic! Yesterday in school she had to write a book about the best vacation ever... and this was the one she picked. OVER DISNEY! :) I'm so glad that she got to do this, she STILL talks about it.


Just a few weeks ago, my sweet niece/bff/pretty much sister had a sweet baby boy, Carson.

I feel like I need to tell y'all that over the last few months I have seen a whole new side to Myki - she is one of the strongest people I have ever known. She's gone through an entire pregnancy, childbirth, and those hard newborn nights ALONE... her precious husband is in Aghanistan, and won't be home for a few more weeks. Also, during the last little bit of her pregnancy, she had Justin's little girl with her --- not only did she do all of this alone, she never complains... she just does it! Because she has to. I've gained a whole new appreciation for those that are left behind when soldiers deploy. She's amazing!

Here's SJ's first day of school picture...
SECOND GRADE PEOPLE!!! SECOND GRADE!
I know that I have said this every year... but when I look at these pictures, I can't believe that this is my SJ. She's almost up to my shoulders when she stands up straight. She really loves school, her new teacher, and all the kids in her class. She just recently informed us that she wants to go to college at YALE! ...or Harvard. ---and though that sounds out of reach, I am 100% confident that if that is what she wants, then she will do it.

Raleigh is still a Daddy's boy... he loves me, definitely... but he is OBSESSED with George. It's the cutest thing ever.



Every year there is a big field of flags by our Mall --- each one of these flags has a name tied to it... a soldier's name. People can purchase the flags in honor or in memory of a Soldier that they love. We always take the kids and show them the flags --- it's a great hands on way to remind them of how great of a country we live in.

They put these flags up every year in memory of September 11th... but my kids don't remember it. They weren't even here yet. I'm always baffled when I have to tell SJ about it, every year revealing a little more about the tragedy of that day and those that followed. It's a heartbreaking thing to watch your child figure out that there is that much evil in the world --- and even scarier to think that one day, I'll have to let her go live in it.

Here's Raleigh's NEW BIG BOY BED... that he hates. Just as much as he hated his crib. This child is going to be sleeping in our bed until he is 20...

And here's our latest picture - taken yesterday. :)

Hopefully I can come up with something witty or profound to blog about soon --- but until then, these pictures will have to do.

Have a great day!

No comments: