11.10.2009

We're Number one.. We can't be #2... We're gonna knock the WHOOPSEE outta you...

A few months ago (pre-baby knowledge) I signed up to Coach our County's rec department cheerleaders with a friend of mine... My friend had done it last year, but I didn't really know what I was getting into.

Two nights a week for the last few months has been quite the job, but I have loved it. There were 13 girls on our Squad--- all 13 of them were very different from each other. But, it was such a rewarding experience to get to watch them come together and become a team.
Last night we had our "End of the Year Celebration" and traphy presentation -- it was nothing spectacular, we had it a local pizza place and invited all the families. Everyone was there and we got to tell our girls how great of a job they did and how proud we were of them.


Sarah Jane was the youngest on our team... and to be honest, I wasn't sure how she was going to do at first. But, boy did she suprise me?! She was great... She has always been a rhythmic child, but this was right up her alley. She picked up on all of the cheers and was even making up her own halfway through the season. She had the motions down almost instantaneously and of course... yelling was no problem for her. Most of the time, she was the loudest one! Needless to say I was very very proud of her, and if she wants to --- I hope that this is something that she continues to do for a long time to come.

Last night was SJ's first time ever getting a trophy. She was SO proud of it. I wish that I would have gotten a picture of her getting it, but I was handing them out... so that wouldn't have been too good, "etiquettely speaking". :)

Here is SJ's trophy and a few pictures of the Season:
All of our girls being silly:

The up-side-down megaphones on these uniforms nearly drove me insane...

On the way to breakfast... AFTER cheering!:
Our Team picture:


The Boys Got the Muscles...The Teachers got the Brains:
"My Name is Janey and I know what I got, I've got a team that is hotter than hot":
...and Just for fun, here are a few old pictures from my younger Cheerleading days:

1 comment:

Ron said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!
So awesome--so adorable!