9.02.2008

My Apparent Motif


Motif: mo·tif, - Pronunciation: \mō-ˈtēf\- (Function: noun )
1: a usually recurring salient thematic element (as in the arts); especially : a dominant idea or central theme
Over the last year or so, I have noticed a re-occuring theme in my life... a motif, perhaps. Completely unintentionally, about 4-5 times a week, I look at the clock at 11:11. I have always heard that if you look at the clock at 11:11 you are supposed to make a wish. Well, the more that I started noticing how much I did it, the more wishes I made... I have wished for all kinds of random things. Call me crazy... but I am pretty superstitious. I always put an X over a black cat when he crosses my path, I knock on wood, I cross my fingers, I say Jinks, I pick 4 leaf clovers, and I make wishes at 11:11 and on the first star I see... so on and so forth.
I found this on post-secret this week, apparently I am not the only one that has this motif.


No comments: