7.20.2010

Cake Mix Cookies

So... maybe I am obsessed with all things cake lately, but can you blame me? From cake balls, to attempting a fondant cake, to my new favorite... CAKE COOKIES -I simply cannot get enough!

These are so incredibly simple and yummy that I just HAD to share the recipe!

Ingredients:

Cake Mix of your choice
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 tsp veg. Oil
2 eggs
Mix-in of your choice


1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, butter, eggs and oil until smooth and well blended. Mix in the mix-in you chose. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


Yesterday when we made these, we chose a chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips as our mix-in. Before I baked them, I sprinkled them with a little bit of sugar.

Here are some other combos that I think would be yummy:
Lemon Cake Mix with Cranberries
Carrot Cake Mix with Raisins
Red Velvet Cake Mix with Pecans
Yellow Cake Mix with Cupcake Sprinkles
Strawberry Cake Mix with White Chocolate Morsels
Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Morsels

The Possibilities are endless!

Next time, I think I might make them cookie sandwiches by spreading THIS ICING between them - it's easy and it's my favorite!

So much for post-baby dieting, huh? At least nursing burns tons of calories!
______________________________________________________



On a totally different note, tonight SJ strolled through the living room in this lovely attire:

We literally laughed out loud! What are we going to do with this Diva?!

1 comment:

Just an experiment said...

I love it!
The other day my daughter rolled through the house in her Wonder Woman costume... it must be the age :)
6 is Awesome!