10.18.2009

Don't Go... I'll eat you up, I love you so.

A few months ago, we saw the preview for the movie "Where the Wild Things Are" --- George and I were instantly excited.

This was one of my favorite books as a child...

Every time that the commercial would come on advertising the movie George would say "I can't wait to see that!" or "We are definitely going to see that!" --- funny since he had never read the book. Of course, I didn't know that he had never read the book until we got in the theatre, which he sprung on me when we sat down.

I had told Sarah Jane all about the book before we got to the movie... but I didn't know I should have told George too.

Which is probably why he hated this movie.

However, Sarah Jane and I LOVED it! From the beginning to the end, I couldn't get enough.

There were a few scary parts that younger children might be frightened by, but nothing that was too bad. It's not bright or flashy... there aren't any characters that suddenly burst out in song --- but it's "there's no place like home" feel will be enough to occupy your thoughts.
All in all, I was impressed... Don't listen to George, apparently he was deprived.
Don't take my word for it, go see it for yourself!

No comments: