1.04.2009

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ignore the post time on my blog... I don't know what's up with it, or how to make it right... b/c once again, I've joined the blogging world at Midnight. This is mostly just going to be a rambling most... a documentary of my 24th Birthday. It's probably gonna be a bit boring, but you know where the "next blog" button is if you need to use it.

It's been a long month. -- Sarah Jane's birthday, Christmas, George's birthday, My birthday... and our anniversary is coming up on the 10th. I'm tired. All of those things take planning and articulation... which is usually left up to me. Is it bad if I say that I LOVED every minute of them, but I am glad that they have come and gone... eh, i don't know if I really mean that.

I've had the last week of work off, it's been great. I got to spend some much anticipated time with my family and relax a little bit.

Tomorrow, it's back to the grind. No, seriously... it's not only the first of the month, but it's the first of the year. Time for people to go big or go home. Let's home, for my sake, they go big.

Today was my 24th birthday. I had a sort of emotional great day.

It started off great... I had actually forgotten all about it, until the husband and the sweet sweet daughter woke me up with the cutest rendition of "Happy Birthday To You" that you've ever heard. ---then I realized what time it was. CRAP. It's 9:45. That means that we have once again slept through Sunday School and will be at "real" church... LATE. That is, unless we wake up right that minute and I rush rush rush to get myself and Sarah Jane out the door. (notice I didn't include George in that... he has plenty of time to get himself completely ready, while I get everything else reasonably done, well-- sort of, I still forgot my earrings...It's ok, I am sure that God didn't notice.) Long story short, we made it to church just in time for the "meet and greet" part. PERFECT... no one even noticed we were late. Sweet.

After church we had lunch at George's mom's. She made one of my faves... Chicken Spaghetti. We all sat down to eat our birthday dinner Sunday Lunch and asked Sarah Jane if she would pray. Of course she said yes. Well, there we sat... George, me, Sarah Jane, June, and Grand-bubba; hands folded, eyes closed. Then Sarah Jane started to "pray." It went like this(in song form)... "Happy Birthday to you, you live in a zoo, you look like monkey, and you smell like one too." wow. What do you say to that... we all just laughed. But it wasn't a roaring laughter, it was more of a --hmm, this is a prayer, so it's completely inappropriate to laugh-- kind of laugh. Oh, the joys of having a 5 year old comedian daughter.

After lunch, I had a few things to return from Christmas... I only had luck at Kohls. I also went to Targ'et, Ross, and Old navy... nothing. Which isn't like me at all. I am super-shopper supreme. Oh well.

Then we went to life group... it was wonderful. My friend Nneka is a wonderful cook --- and I always have a great time at our small group. Even if there are 5000 loud children (mine included). :) We talked about the difference between a good person and a spiritual person. It got my head to spinning... I don't know excatly where I fall in that scenario... probably somewhere in here:

good -1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-Spiritual

I'd like to say that I was a 10 on that chart... but I'm being honest here, and I'm no where near a 10. How do you move up on that chart??

On a wild hair, I traded in the season premier of Desperate Housewives and talked my friend, Tammy, into going to see a movie. We saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." I still don't know exactly how I felt about it. The story was good... there were some parts I feel like could have been left out... and some parts that I felt needed more detail. The setting and the shoots were gorgeous. It was a beautiful movie to look at and I'm not just talking about Brad Pitt . As far as the ending, I am undecided. I have seen better movies... and I have seen worse. I give it 3 stars like it matters.

As I pulled into the drive-way after the movie at 11:30, I noticed that my across-the-street neighbor, Tamra, still had her bedroom light on. She never has her lights on this late... ever. But She lost her husband this week to a Brain tumor. There have been people there all week... cars semi-blocking the exit from our drive-way. I imagine they were her church family and her children and friends... I'm sure they have all brought their casseroles and flowers and some other attempts at condolences. I haven't had the courage to go over and see how she is doing... I know what I will find. Tonight is the first night that there are no cars there. ---everyone else will move on and go back to work and say... that was s terrible, even me. But, I remember after my dad died that my mom kept her light on, sometimes all night. I guess that I haven't really stopped long enough this week to think about what she must be feeling. I haven't allowed myself to. I just can't imagine losing someone to something like that. I'd sleep with the light on too, if she's even sleeping at all. My mom didn't sleep for what seems like weeks, she just laid there and cried... I imagine she isn't sleeping either. It's 12:40 now and her light is still on. My heart aches for her --- my family knows all too well what it is like to lose a father and my mom, a husband. It never heals - goes away - or gets any better. You just learn to accept it.

So now, I think that I am about to go kiss my little one on the forehead --- and crawl into bed next to George...

I am now one year older. I don't feel older, or wiser, or different at all. It was just another day.

More tomorrow. Maybe by then I'll be more up-beat. Sorry for the bleh-ness.

4 comments:

Ron said...

Wow, it must be tough for your neighbor. I used to feel just like you when I found out someone had lost a loved one--by being afraid to go and ask how they're doing...

But you know what, I think you should definately go soon...cuz it just ate me up inside until I went. And after I did, I felt better.

Be well,
Ron

Javier said...

You seem to have a very full and happy life! :) I hope this new year brings you lots of happiness and joy!

Cheers!

Dana said...

I hate to tell you this but Adam and I always say that the cut off for cool is 24.. Oh well, welcome to the club.. Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Where are you staying at Disney. Give me a call. I can fill you in on the things that would have been helpful me to know before hand.

Chloe was sick so it wasn't what we had pictured. But it is magical..

Oh, and that was a rocking horse ornament on my tree. It was a gift from my friend Melissa that is from Albany. There is some little store there that she got it from.

I love you!

Tony and Susan said...

i love reading your posts! they are so much more interesting than a lot of other people's "ramblings".

i'm still laughing about the prayer! and wondering which one of mine will try that first!