1.13.2009

A few highlights from our trip...

Here are a few pictures from our Disneyworld Vacation:
Here is Sarah Jane on the monorail on the very first day... Can you feel that anticipation??

When we got there, we got to see Cinderella's castle right away... We also go to meet lots of her friends while we were in The Magic Kingdom:


















In addition to meeting so many of the Characters, we rode ALL of the rides with the exception of Space Mountain. Sarah Jane missed the cutoff for that one by 4 inches... BOOOOOO! But we did get to ride the other rollercoasters, all of the exibit rides, and catch a few shows. Sarah Jane even got to participate in Belle's fairytale... SHE got called up on the stage and got to actually participate in the story.... It was so cool. The Spectromagic parade and the fireworks were beyond words. Every minute of those 2 shows were awesome! We got to eat dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Stepsisters (who were HILLARIOUS, by the way) and the Stepmother. At dinner, Sarah Jane waltzed with Cinderella... she loved every minute of it. I won't bore you with all of those pictures... but here are a few of the high-lights from some of those events.
The Spectro Magic Parade:

We really liked the monorail... I don't know why.
We saw 4 shows, but our favorite was Mickey's Philharmagic... It was AWESOME!
Riding the Magic Carpets:
The Ferry Was a fun trip:
On Sunday Morning, George ran The Disney Marathon... we cheered him along and he did Great! We were SOOO proud of him!


After George's race we were all SO exhausted, so we spent alot of the day napping. When we woke up, we had some time to kill before we had dinner -- so we went to Downtown Disney. The Lego store was the coolest thing there.


Sarah Jane pretending to be one of the lego displays... can you see her?

They were going to kill that poor lego guy..


We ended our trip with a visit to Epcot. It was great... there are so many fun things to see and do there, I wish that we would have had more time. Oh well... that just means we will have to go back!!

Needless to say, we were NOT ready to come home. It was a great vacation and I had SUCH a good time. Now... it's back to reality. :)

4 comments:

Hales said...

Jay, seeing all of those pictures brings a smile to my face. I remember going to Disney when I was 8, and it was so magical. I can't wait to go again. You all look so happy, and I'm so happy for you!

Dana said...

Wow, it's amazing how much more you get done at disney when a child isn't throwing up on you. But it makes me feel better that the person that commented before me had a magical time when she was 8. Maybe Emma's second time will be magical too and I think we'll just say the next time is Chloe's first. I guess it was all worth the comment that Emma made, on the last day as we watched the castle "give us a kiss good night". She said, "see, I told you that magic really does exist".

Oh my.. Glad ya'll had a blast!

Ron said...

Your daughter is too cute! I love the cheezee smiles she gives...just precious! She must've had the time of her life. When I was younger the only place in the world I wanted to go to was Disnyland...but never had the chance. This past summer was my first time there...I was a kid again...Love the pics!

Jay said...

Haley: You will LOVE it. You guys should go when Chase gets back home. You will love it. There are SO many things for kids, but there ar just as many romantic things for adults. You guys should think about it. (plus, from what I hear... there is a VERY cool military resort and the tickets are super cheap...)

Dana: That is SO sweet. The castle kissed us goodnight... I can't wait to see her again. We have really got to get on that. --And she is right, it's easy to believe in magic at a place like that.

Ron: I always wanted to go as a child too, but being the youngest of 7... it just never happened. This was my first trip ever and I LOVED every minute of it. I definitely was a kid again, it was perfect.